R(H)umeur collective is a radio piece initiated by Maki for Radia. The original idea of this programme is a “versus” to Sarah Washington’s Time Labs project: she built a radio show with numerous one-minute audio pieces she received after launching an open call via the Internet.
R(H)umeur collective started with a similar call for participations through the Radia network and more widely. The main difference with Time Labs is that Maki included each contribution in its entirety without any other transformation than mixing them all together. It resulted in 2 radio pieces.
This programme is the first part of R(H)umeur collective. The second one will be broadcast in the Radia network and replayed live from the sound-art festival Laps in Main d’oeuvres, Paris, in May 2007.
Participating artists in this programme, in order of appearance:
– Boris Wlassof (France) – Us age
– Knut Aufermann (Hungary) – Nowmediaartisdying
– Lionel Ginoux (France) – 28’15”
– Kazuya Ishigami (Japan) – Usotsuki Shinbun
– Pascal Gobin (France) – (radia)
– Jérome Joy (France) – Quarcetto Italia, 08/06
– Dave Phillips (Switzerland) – for nihilist (excerpt)
– Sound Meccano (Latvia) – untitled
– Bérangère Maximin (France) – Spontane yourself
– Kasper Töplitz (France) – Saturne
– Zbigniew Karkowski (Japan) – o.s.e.
– joachim montessuis (France) – CPAC_xuaedrob
– UrtikR (France) – “extrait du live à l’embobineuse”
– Thierry Madiot (France) – Ziph prise 3
– Napalmed (Czech Rep.) – S3_sector_10
– Cyril Darmedru (France) – là…oupas(ça).
– Julien Berthier (Canada) – Une minute de variations pour une porte et un soupir jouée de mémoire à la guitare électrique
– Caroline Hofer (Austria) – problemtypen-1
– Hervé Boghossian (France) – onde
– Franck Barriac (France) – three_free
– Étienne Brunet (France) – FOR YOU (From Ouarzazate)
– Tetuzi Akiyama (Japan) – upslope
– Minibloc (Canada) – cailloux dans le froid
– the Beige Channel (USA) – Pulling Staples From A Floor
– Nicolas_Mallet (France) – Tenderso
– Carl Stone (USA/Japan) – Al-Noor(radiomix)
– Hélène Prévost (Canada) – bell(e)s vaches
– Maki (France) – untitled
Intro voices: Floriane Pochon & Xavier Thomas
To come in the second part: Andrew Sharpley, Dinahbird, eRikm, Francis Dhomont, Noël Akchoté, Ricardo Reis, Pauline Oliveros, Sarah Washington and many more…
Maki is a self-taught musician, improviser and composer, performer in spatialization, DJ, photographer, curator of festival Konnexions and producer of the radio show Cacophonies on Radio Grenouille.
R(H)umeur collective is 20’ long. As a complement: Brush-up your English, a 1995 composition by Virgile Abela newly remixed by E. N. (Contains The Lovers, a song by The Three Suns)